Remedy Healthcare Group Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries (Remedy Healthcare Group) respect the privacy rights of our customers and other organisations with whom we deal. Remedy Healthcare Group is committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles. References to ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘Remedy Healthcare Group’ within this policy refers to the Remedy Healthcare Group of businesses.
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we may collect, hold and/or use about you will depend on the type of product/service you request.
Examples of personal information we may collect include, but are not limited to:
- Personal identification and contact details
- Health and claims information
- Records of service contacts, inclusive of voice recorded telephone conversations
We will only collect, maintain and use personal information about you if it is necessary for us to adequately provide you the products and services you have requested, provide you with information about other products and services offered by the Remedy Healthcare Group, or to meet our obligations under applicable Laws. We will at all times seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access and disclosure. Additional privacy measures are employed to protect sensitive information (such as health information).
You have the right not to disclose your personal information to us. However, this may limit our ability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
Where you provide us with unsolicited personal or sensitive information which we do not require to deliver products and services to you (for example on a phone call that is recorded), such information will be subject to our normal security arrangements for customer information. We will not store unsolicited personal or sensitive information, that we do not require, unless it is impractical to delete it. Often it is impractical to delete such information, particularly where it forms part of correspondence, phone records or other interactions that we do need to retain.
Personal information records are held for a period considered appropriate to provide you with the product/service you require and consistent with applicable Laws and the Privacy Act. Should you cease to be a customer of Remedy Healthcare Group, any personal information which we hold about you will be maintained for the relevant periods required by Law.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information from face to face interviews, application forms, and correspondence (written and verbal). In most cases, we collect your personal information directly from you. However, if this is not practical, we may collect information about you from another person or entity.
Some examples of where this may occur include:
- Receiving information from a person to whom you have granted a delegated authority.
- When you are admitted to hospital, personal information about you and your condition is provided by the hospital to the private health fund.
- We may be assisted with this process via our agent, the Australian Health Service Alliance Limited.
How do we use your information?
We use your information to primarily manage, deliver and administer the products and services you request. Personal information may also be used so that we can offer products and services to you (including special offers and discounts), to extend our relationship with you and to develop products and services better suited to our customers needs. We may also use and analyse your information to meet our obligations under applicable Laws. We respect the rights of our customers to choose the material they want to receive and how they wish to receive it, including by electronic means. You can therefore choose to receive only the materials you want by calling 1300 224 334.
We may use information to develop specific health programs for our customers. Programs may be of a general nature and available to all customers and some programs may be offered on an invitation only
basis (based on a set of criteria) with an aim of treating a specific illness or condition. Participation in any program is voluntary and conducted on an opt-in basis. Upon opting into a program, you will be advised of any further privacy issues that may relate directly to your participation. You may opt in or withdraw from a program at any stage.
Who do we disclose information to?
Remedy Healthcare Group will only disclose personal information to third parties for the purposes of managing, delivering and, administering the product and/or service you require and in accordance with this policy and applicable Laws. For example, we may disclose relevant personal information to:
- A person acting on your behalf including a person to whom you have granted a delegated authority.
Private health insurers
- Service providers engaged to carry out functions on our behalf (e.g. mail houses, outsourced administration services, software or IT service vendors, claims or fraud auditors/investigators and internal or external claims assessors for past or pending claims). Some of these service providers may be located overseas. Your personal information will only be stored overseas by one of our service providers in accordance with this policy and applicable laws.
- Your General Practitioner
- Other Allied health practitioners
- Wellbeing programs where you have provided consent for this disclosure to occur.
- For legal reasons, disclosure may need to be made to law enforcement agencies, regulators, government agencies, courts or external advisors.Remedy Healthcare Group companies may disclose personal information to other companies within the Remedy Healthcare Group. This information is provided on a strictly confidential basis and will only be used for the purposes of the Remedy Healthcare Group.
We have systems and processes in place designed to hold your information securely. Only authorised personnel are granted access to your information. We also have in place processes designed to identify you when you deal with us by phone, online or face to face. These processes are designed to ensure we only disclose your information to you, or someone properly authorised by you.
You need to keep access details like users names, passwords and PINs confidential and not share them or leave them somewhere that’s easy for others to access or find.
Access and Correction
You have the right to correct your personal information held by us if you believe it to be inaccurate or out of date. We will then amend your records accordingly. If we disagree with the correction, we will advise you of the reasons for doing so and will make a note on your record of this. You have the right to access your personal information. This can be arranged so by calling 1300 224 334 or writing. Your request should include a detailed description of the information required. To ensure information is only disclosed to those entitled to it you may be asked for identification, or in the case of a telephone call asked to answer a series of questions to verify your identity. If we are unable to provide you with access to your information, we will inform you of the reasons why.
Privacy Enquiries & Complaints
If you have an enquiry or complaint about our information handling practices, please contact us by calling 1300 224 334 or alternatively
Group Privacy Officer
Remedy Healthcare Group Pty Ltd
114 Albert Road
South Melbourne VIC 3205
It is our intention to resolve any complaint as quickly as possible and to your satisfaction. If you are unhappy with the response provided by us, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner for further consideration.
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
1300 363 992